Monday, February 20, 2012

More explosions!

After the sordid, emotional wall of text that was my last post, I'm sure some of you were thinking "Dian, I'm real happy for ya, and I'ma let you finish, but isn't PVP about making things blow up?" Well, fear not, because I've been doing exactly that. A selection:

  • During a roam with the Tuskers out to 0.0, we happened on a Sin that decided to aggress us on station. At first blush, it's probably not surprising that our gang of battlecruisers - mostly of the new tier 3 variety, fitted with battleship-sized guns - was able to pop a black ops ship in four volleys. What the killmail doesn't show, however, is that the Sin was being remote-repped by three carriers at the time - an Archon, a Chimera and a Thanatos.
  • In one of a series of AF 1v1s with SneakyBadger of Gunpoint Diplomacy, I accidentally his whole Enyo. It was a close fight, leaving me in half structure when he popped (though I realise that on a Gallente hull that's still a fair amount of buffer). Aside from it being a close fight, this kill is noteworthy because it marks the first time I've actually gotten a killmail from an evenly matched frigate 1v1, rather than forcing my opponent off the field or being popped myself.
  • Another 1v1, this time with Olleybear (best bear), featuring shield cruisers. My shield-fit Stabber Fleet Issue narrowly prevailed over his shield Rupture. Olley's DPS at range was much better than mine thanks to his second tracking enhancer, forcing me to burn in, overheat my guns and pray. If he'd had a DCU fitted I probably would've lost this fight.
  • Yesterday (as of this post), Huo and I went on an impromptu roam with Gunpoint Diplomacy, resulting in this skirmish in SL-YBS. I didn't really do much of anything besides run away and hold on things, being in a Lachesis. However, I still really enjoyed this fight due to the fact that Huo and I were actually in a gang together (still a rare occurrence, though we're working to change that), and because he had the most killmails of any individual pilot in the group. Hooray!
  • In the midst of a furious bout of ship-spinning, I switched over to our local intel channel to see a RANSM member say, "Nomad in warp to a gate, I'll point him when he jumps!" This was the result.
  • This past Sunday evening marked the birthday of Robert Mason, a member of the Tuskers. We had a drunken roam to celebrate, which lead to me going into full derp mode in the very first engagement and suiciding the Falcon that Rob had provided for me. (Don't mind the high slots; Rob made it clear that rainbow lasers were a requirement for the roam.) However, I did manage to stay alive long enough to get in on a juicy nullbear Loki kill. Yes, that is a battle Iteron in the third-to-last spot. Happy birthday, Rob! (I'd say I'm sorry about the Falcon, but... well, you know.)
  • UPDATED: It's only fitting, given this opponent's influence on my PVP career, that I include this recent lossmail as an example of HONOURABLE RIFTER COMBAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment