Every time I'm away from the game and intend to come back with a vengenace (or more likely a Jaguar, but I digress), my burst of enthusiasm lasts for all of a week before some sort of external influence takes its toll. So, rather than loudly proclaiming how I'm ready to turn internet spaceships upside down, I'm just going to say that I'm here. Maybe the universe won't see it as a challenge that way.
Still, I can't say my EVE life has been entirely uneventful. I haven't made too much of a flap in the areas that I'm typically involved in, but I've slowly been getting myself re-adjusted to EVE. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call the happenings "exciting", but for the sake of putting a post up for the first time in ages, I'll share a few details here.
A significant portion of my PVP lately, despite my stuborn refusal to leave factional warfare (a topic which I'll cover at great length in another post), has been in the form of roaming pirate gangs. I've joined a couple of fleets and impromptu battles alongside the well-established pirate corp The Tuskers, and the fairly relaxed pace of the fleets has been a boon in getting myself back up to speed.
On the factional warfare front, I've been out in a small handful of roaming gangs with my Caldari militia-mates, with moderate success. I did take the opportunity to lead my own fleet a few weeks ago, which ended up engaging a Tusker gang lead by Suleiman Shouaa a jump away from my home system of Enaluri. The result was embarrassing enough that I won't re-post the battle report here; I'll simply say that I'm extremely out of practice when it comes to taking the reins of a fleet, and that I much prefer flying with the Tuskers to flying against them. Sulei did have the generosity to thank us for coming to fight afterward, though, which I greatly appreciate.
The winter expansion being put out by CCP has caused a great deal of fluttering in the EVE community, and I'm certainly no exception to that. While I haven't quite gotten to the point of being completely optimistic about it - my caution is still overpowering my enthusiasm, even if only a little - I'm very glad to see that hybrid weapons are at least being looked at. The new battlecruiser designs are the main attraction for me, giving me another reason to seriously consider putting T2 large turrets at the top of my training plan. I'll discuss those at greater length in a different post, though.
In the meantime, it's slowly getting back to business as usual in the world of the Recovering Carebear. The swing back to full activity isn't quite as quick as I'd like, but it's a step in the right direction, and for the moment I'm content with that.
Good to hear your back. How is your husband doing?
ReplyDeleteHe's doing okay, splitting his time between RL and a couple of different nullsec corps at the moment. I'll pass on that you said hello!
ReplyDelete